We are going to be growing our own this year again, after a few years of sourcing them from our interns and team members.
- We will have Broad Breasted Bronze or Broad Breasted White turkeys, depending on what's available when we order the poults. Both breeds will give you a turkey that is super meaty and juicy, and proportionally larger in the breast. As always, we will raise them on pasture, and they will be fed a diet free from GMO ingredients and antibiotics. The birds will be processed the week before Thanksgiving in our on-farm, USDA inspected processing plant, and will be sold fresh, never frozen. Turkeys will be picked up at our retail store located at 2776 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, during regular hours or by appointment.
- My current estimate is that the turkeys will weigh about 20 lbs, but we may see a difference of up to 5 lbs either way. Please understand that we don't have the ability to promise a turkey of an exact size, due to the small number that we produce, and everyone's desire to have fresh, not frozen, turkeys. If you think that 20 lbs is too big, plan for leftovers! Or, maybe consider ordering 2 if you're feeding a big crowd on Thanksgiving.
- The price for turkeys will be $3.50/lb, or $70 total for a turkey of the size we are expecting. Again, be prepared for the possibility of some additional pounds in case the birds grow faster than expected.
- A deposit of $40 will be required to secure your order.
- Turkeys will be sold on a first come, preorder basis! We can't guarantee a turkey for you unless you order it now!
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. When you are ready to order, you can place your order by email to email@example.com. Don't delay, supplies will be limited!