Wouldn't it be a relief if some of the decisions about your weekly meal planning was done for you, and helped you broaden your horizons when it comes to your meat selection?
Wouldn't it be gratifying if you were given priority status, allowing you to have dibs on the weekly inventory at your favorite butcher shop?
Finally, wouldn't it be comforting to know that the meat you and your family were eating was carefully sourced from responsible local farms using sustainable production practices, and cut in house every week by skilled, craft butchers?
We thought all of those things would be great too! That's why we are offering our first ever meat share beginning in January 2018!
Introducing the First Cut Club at The Farmstead Butcher!
The First Cut Club:
The First Cut Club is a new weekly meat subscription option being offered by The Farmstead Butcher!
By joining The First Cut Club, you will receive the area's best fresh meats in conveniently packaged portions every week, while also helping us to practice whole animal butchery with minimal waste.
The meat you receive in The First Cut Club will be selected by us, the Farmstead Butcher staff, based on guidance you give us through your choice of 1 or more of 9 options, listed below. Our selections and cuts of meat in the shares will be made with consideration given to the season of year, appropriate portion sizes, and variety from week to week.
Members of The First Cut Club will get priority status, meaning that we will fill all member's meat shares for the First Cut Club each week, BEFORE we offer any of it for sale in our retail meat cases! How's that for status??
As you've come to expect, all meats will be sourced from local farms that we know and trust, who are practicing good animal husbandry and stewardship.
So let's talk about what you can get! Each of the options below is designed to give you as much flexibility in your meal planning as possible.
If you are unsure of how much meat you may need under any of the options, contact us! We'd love to help you decide what you need.
In addition to receiving your share under the First Cut Club, we will always have a wide selection of meat available in our retail case every week during regular store hours, in case you need to fill in some holes occasionally.
Finally, at long last, here are the Options:
1. Ground Meat Option--$6 per week: Includes our choice of 1 lb ground beef, OR ground pork, OR ground chicken, OR housemade pork sausage.
2. Beef Thrifty Shopper Option--$7 per week: Includes our choice of 1 lb of boneless beef roasts such as Eye Round, Chuck Roast, Stew Cubes, etc.
3. Beef Best Value Steak Option--$13 per week: Includes our choice of 1 lb of artisanal cut , boneless beef steaks OR roasts. May include steaks such as Sirloin, London broil, Denver Steaks, Flat Iron, Culotte, etc
4. Beef Premium Steak Option--$17 per week: Includes our choice of 1 lb of premium beef steaks, such as New York Strip, Ribeye, or Tenderloin
5. Pork Option--$8 per week: Includes our choice of 1 lb of pork chops OR roasts. May be bone in or boneless.
6. Chicken Option--$14 per week: Includes our choice of one whole chicken, 3.5-4.5 lbs, OR 2-3 lbs of our choice of chicken breasts, legs, thighs, and wings.
7. Bacon Option--$9.50 per week: Includes 1 lb of our housemade cured and smoked bacon, made from heritage pork.
8. Cured Meat Option--$12.00 per week: Includes 1 lb of our choice of house cured meats.
9. Egg Option--$4.50 per week: Includes 1 dozen of eggs from free range chickens.
Ok, now that you know about all of the things you can get through the First Cut Club, here are the specifics you need to know about how The First Cut Club works:
- You can opt-in to the First Cut Club by choosing which of the options above best fit your needs and budget.
- Once you have made your choices, you can contact us by email or by phone (717.334.6328) and we'll reserve your membership in the First Cut Club, and help you figure out your total cost of all of the options you selected.
- Payment must be made in full before the first distribution in January. Payment can be made with cash, check, credit card, or a Farmstead Butcher gift card.
- Beginning the second week in January 2018, members will be able to pick up fresh, delicious, locally raised meats, packaged according to your specified options, and ready to cook.
- The subscription will run for 12 consecutive weeks. We will re-enroll the First Cut Club about 4-6 weeks prior to the end of the 12 week period for the next quarter. Current members will get first option to renew.
- The pick up location will be at The Farmstead Butcher, 2778 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325.
- Weekly shares must be picked up during regular store hours, Fridays noon until 6pm, or Saturdays 10am til 4pm. Other times may be possible by appointment, if you are not able to pick up during regular hours because of an occasional conflict.
- Due to a shortage of refrigerated storage space, shares that aren't picked up will be forfeited on Saturday evenings of each week unless you contact us to make alternate arrangements. Sorry....
In addition to getting first crack at really great meat at a really fair price, we have a few other perks for you as well!
- Each member will get an insulated reusable cooler bag with your first pick up, to be used each week to keep your meat cold until you get it home.
- Tech Support--we'll share some recipes throughout the share to help you discover new ways to cook the meat you receive through The First Cut Club. (And we're always happy to answer questions and share tips on a personalized level--just ask!!)
- And finally, all current members will be given first option to renew in the next 12 week session of The First Cut Club!
The enrollment deadline for the first session of The First Cut Club is 12/31/2017, so contact us today to join! You can email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at 717.334.6328 (MEAT)! We can't wait to hear from you!